Well, you can have anything to satisfy your hunger pangs and you may think that biting on a pack of chips is the smartest way to snack. True, it can be smart but it is certainly not healthy. There is a very thin line between smart snacking and healthy snacking which you should know and follow to stay fit and fine.
A person can feel hungry anytime. It can be:
- Between school hours or while doing the homework, for kids
- During and after job, for adults
- After training, for sportspersons
- Afterschool job, for teachers and
- Even while hanging out with friends.
These days, to keep up with the demands of your family, the standard of living and the society you have so many things to do within a very short time of just 24 hours! Surely, you may think there is no time for putting extra effort into healthy snacking and it is better to grab that sandwich and move on.
Since you cannot simply stop eating for your work pressure, this route is often tempting and quick. Thanks to such a notion, there is a tremendous rise in the sale of burgers, fries, potato chips, and candy, all of which are good but far from healthy.
Smart snacking and Healthy snacking
Healthy snacking is good for you
Now, the question is why and how you can possibly treat yourself to a healthy snack given the fact that you have such a hectic schedule to follow. Well, it is for this simple reason it is all the more necessary that you eat healthy foods and only healthy foods.
- It will provide you with the fuel you need to keep on going
- It will help you to stay active and
- It will keep you fresh all day long.
Therefore, even if you take three meals a day you should always take healthy food whenever you feel hungry. Healthy snacks will provide all the necessary nutrition to your body to keep your mind alert and energy level high. Therefore, insist on healthy snacks delivery and eating always and every time. This, believe it or not, will not take up a lot of your time, if you are strategic and organized.
- It is quite natural that you will feel hungry a lot and it is also natural that you will find it easier to stuff your face with a large burger or order for fries after class. Well, all these foods will give you a temporary boost. This is bad because the fat and calorie content in these foods will slow you down for sure in the long run.
- Healthy snacking, on the other hand, will provide long term benefits and this is another significant reason why you should have healthy foods only.
Whether it is during adolescence or as an adult, the body will need enough nutrients always on a continual basis. This helps the body to grow, the mind or brain to develop and keep all organs in the body in perfect working condition.
Snacks are probably the best way to satisfy your hunger but to make sure that your body gets all the necessary nutrients, vitamins, proteins and minerals, you must pay lots of attention to what you eat. Healthy eating will help you in many ways such as:
- It will keep your energy level and you going
- It will reduce the chances of weight gain and
- It will reduce your medical cost.
Therefore, make it a point that you stay away from foods that contain a lot of added sugars or fats such as in a candy bar or soda. Instead, look for only those foods that have a rich content of fiber and protein. You can combine the followings with other protein-rich snacks like peanut butter and low-fat cheese or yogurt.
- Wholegrain breads
- Cereals and
Suggested read: Popular 2019 Nutrition Trends and Fads
Judging your snacks
You will need to shop smart to judge whether or not the snacks you buy and eat are healthy. Therefore, be cautious of the labels because most of these foods will have health claims on their packages that may not be true. There are a few specific things to watch out for in such labels such as:
- Pure and all-natural claims do not necessarily mean it is nutritious. Even an “all-natural” juice or sodas may be filled with sugar which is, of course, a natural ingredient. ) This sugar means it will be high in calories and provide you with very little nutrition.
- Also, be skeptical about the low-fat claims in the labels. In many foods, the manufacturers cut back or eliminate the fat but may raise the amount of sugar in it in order to retain the taste of the food. This will make the food have as many calories as its full-fat version.
Often, people say that a granola bar is a good snack that is healthy and will keep full at the same time. It is also considered to be a rich source of vitamins and nutrients. However, it may also contain a large amount of fat in it, especially Trans Fat that is particularly harmful. In addition to that, there can be a lot of sugar in these granola bars and cereals.
Therefore, when you buy any food make sure you check the Nutrition Facts label on the package to be absolutely sure. By reading the nutrition information and ingredients on the food label you can judge whether or not the food is as healthy as the manufacturer of that particular food claims.
There are some useful ways in which you can snack healthy every day. Prepare your snacks in advance which will help you to keep control of the ingredients, keep plenty of fresh fruit and veggies at home and in your bag on the go and make your snacking interesting adding variety of choices. Remember, it is your health and therefore it is your effort that counts the most.
Sujain Thomas is a leading blog writer and expert travel photographer. She has written numerous articles and blog posts on topics related to Travel, Food, Lifestyle, Home Improvement, and Photography, etc.
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,