Summer is here, which means most of us will opt for different dresses. If you want a dress which will compliment you, then you want to choose one for the body shape you have. Body shape differs from person to person and therefore, the dress that looks beautiful on your friend may not look as beautiful on you, if you have a different body shape. Moreover, you may or may not fall into the conventional shapes of the female body and may have a combination of two or several. These dressing guidelines will help you to choose the right dress after, thoroughly, understanding the basics.
Trends Change Fast
It is required to know about the current trend of dressing so that you do not look out of the times by wearing dresses that were in vogue a decade back. Fashion trends change fast and it is hard yet, necessary to keep up with such changes. Ideally, fashion is all about the feeling when you wear a specific dress that will help you to look beautiful. You should wear a dress you love to wear and are comfortable carrying it. Fashion shows the person you are and your tastes and how well you know about dressing.
How to Find Your Body Shape
Ideally, there are four types of body shapes. It is important that you know your body shape to choose the right dresses.
- Pear-shaped body type – This is also called triangle shape. You have a pear-shaped body, if your waist is wider than the bust, you have fuller hips, narrower shoulders and fuller rear.
- Hourglass shaped body type – This type is called curvy shape and you have it, if you have a curvy and well-defined waist, evenly measuring bust, thigh, and hip that may be fuller.
- Apple shaped body type – This type of body is also called a triangle, but it is inverted. An apple-shaped body has well-proportioned measurements and the shoulders are broader than the hips. You may not be curvy at your hips, but you may have a well-defined waistline just like an hourglass!
- Athletic shaped body type –This type is often referred to as rectangle or straight shape. You have this body type if your body is not particularly curvy, waist is not small or very well-defined, shoulders and hip measurements are nearly same and the weight is evenly distributed throughout the body.
While choosing dresses, you need to stick to a few other points as well, apart from the body shape.
- Stick to a budget – Know how much you are willing to spend on your dress so that you can narrow down your search by sticking to your desired and affordable range.
- Designer – Give priority and stick to good designer collections only as gowns that are designed by experienced professionals have a better look, fall, and quality.
- Sticking to colors – You must also be wise and stick to specific colors of the dresses that match perfectly with your skin tone and shade to enhance your overall look.
- Choose the right fabric – Lastly, choose the right fabric. It depends on the fabric as to how the dress will drape around your body and give it a natural flow.
Dress and Body Shape
So as we discussed earlier, You must consider your body shape and then choose dresses. If it is like a Petite Princess, do not choose the extra fabric. For an hourglass shape, look for gowns that show those gorgeous curves and hugs them to flatter your body shape. For boxy shapes, choose dresses that create an illusion of a waist. Therefore, the long and short of dress selection depends on the type of body you have. And also, here are 5 fashion tips that will help you decide your personal style effortlessly.
If the above information helps you to choose dresses according to body shape, please visit here for more information.
About the Writer:
This post is written by Joseph Webb. Joseph is an excellent blogger and philosopher. His keen observation is to provide useful information which helps readers to get more ideas. He can be found on Facebook and on Twitter as @aussiesmag.
Loved this article? Pin it for later!
Sifa’s Corner on,