Working as a blogger has many positive sides, and trying out the latest technology or a new product is definitely one of the perks. The product I am going to review today is called izzo oral care system which is more than just a toothbrush. It’s a 4 in 1 revolutionary oral care system that puts professionally-inspired tools in your hands.
I have partnered with Premier Dental Products Company, who was kind enough to send me this newest launch to try out and host a giveaway to my audience. I know you all love giveaways! We will discuss more on that at the end of the post.
What is izzo Oral Care System?
izzo includes an electric toothbrush, but it’s not your typical mechanical brush; it’s a complete oral care system that comes with:
- Electric Toothbrush
- Polisher (Polishing cup head + enamel polishing paste)
- UVC sanitizing case
- USB Wall Charger
- Charging Base
- Eco friendly floss picks
According to the brand:
Take Your Smile to a Place It’s Never Been! Introducing izzo: The First And Only 4-In-1 Oral Care System. Professionally-Inspired To Give You A Deeper Clean, Whiter Teeth, And A Confidence That You Won’t Stop Smiling About.
My First Impression for izzo Oral Care System:
Before the product launch, I attended a web conference where I learned about this oral care system and how it works. I was asked not to open the box until it was time for our meeting. So it was a pleasant surprise when I first opened the box and took a peek at what was inside. I expected a generic electric toothbrush with maybe 1 replacement brush head and the charging base/ cables. What I didn’t anticipate were the polish head and the scaler. I took a look at them, and I felt like I was back at my dental school. I haven’t held a scaler and polisher for a long time!
So if you want my first impression, it will be:
Sleek, Smart, and Modern!
It looks good, but will it work the same as well? I wonder!
Let me be clear about one thing; I like manual brushes. The mundane job of brushing the teeth early in the morning when my body is still half asleep or at the end of the day when it’s in pain and wants to lie down makes me feel I can still go on. I can plan for the day when I am mindlessly brushing my teeth. It doesn’t make sense, but it’s something I like to do every day.
So I was skeptical; why do I need to try on this electric brush when my newly opened not-so-electric toothbrush still works pretty good?!
Ah, how wrong I was!
Just after giving it the first try, I could feel the difference. Am I going to be converted?
Before I talk about that, let’s dig deep into the different parts of the izzo Oral Care System.
The Different Parts of izzo Oral Care System:
1- Power Handle:
I have weak grips, and it causes me to drop things more than I care to admit. However, I liked how the handle felt on my hands. It’s easy to grip, not too heavy and well built. At a glance, the power handle is:
- smooth, ergonomic handle with a soft-touch finish for better grip, comfort, & control
- rechargeable battery and can hold the charge for 14 days (28 two-minute brushes)!
- 3-speed settings- gentle, daily & ultra
- “soft start” feature to reduce splatter by steadily increasing the desired speed over 2 seconds.
- interchangeable brush and polishing heads
- 2-minute timer
2- Brush Head:
The small round brush head may look like it’s made for kids, but it’s not. The shape and size ensure that we can reach each tooth properly while brushing. Here’s what you should know:
- high-efficiency oscillating brush head
- soft and thin bristles
izzo claims that their bristles move more per minute than any leading oscillating toothbrushes for the ultimate cleaning action.
3- Polishing Cup Head & Enamel Polishing Paste:
You know, when you go to your dentist and come out with sparkly teeth, and you can’t stop touching the smooth teeth with your tongue? Now you can have that experience at home with this Polishing Cup Head & Enamel Polishing Paste.
- You can attach the cup head to the power handle as the toothbrush.
- the soft articulating cup adapts to the shape of your teeth
- safe and easy for at-home dental polishing
- removes surface stains for whiter, brighter teeth
- the polishing paste is 43% less abrasive and 93% more efficient in cleaning than other products on the market
If you have never seen or used a scaler yet, this is a hand-held device with a metallic curved end (shaped like a hook). If used correctly, it can keep the teeth free of plaque and stains. At a glance, izzo Oral Care System scaler is:
- made from medical grade polymer,
- has the plaque-fighting strength of metal, but soft flexibility so it won’t scratch your teeth
- reaches in between teeth and just around your gum line
Why do we need a scaler?
There’s plaque formatting around our gums and teeth every day, which can harden into dental tartar. Brushing alone can not get rid of this. If left untreated, it can lead to gum disease and tooth decay. This is why it is essential to get rid of the plaque.
It does require caution and patience to learn how to use the scaler properly. Because scraping too roughly could damage your gums or other soft tissues and cause tooth sensitivity. This is why using a polymer tool like izzo scaler with a light touch, is the better choice.
If you have any underlying oral or blood disease, I will suggest asking your dentist before using this, or ask them to show you how to use it safely at home.
5- UVC Sanitizer:
This is the part I was excited to try out the most. You can just put the brush or the polish head inside this nifty case, and it will start automatically. Within just 3 minutes, it can kill 99.9% of bacteria and germs. (P.S. you will not believe the data. 1 uncovered toothbrush in the bathroom can harbor more than 100 million bacteria, yuck!)
This UVC sanitizer:
- Uses ultraviolet light to sanitize your Brush Head and Polishing Cup Head
- Compatible with both the izzo Brush Head and Polishing Cup Head
- Self-timer and indicator light begin automatically when you close the case
- Built-in rechargeable battery takes 2 hours to load and holds charge for 2 weeks
6- Charging Base:
I loved this compact and efficient charging base. It’s:
- inductive charging base for the power handle
- has 2 posts to store the 2 parts while the other 1 is in use.
How to Use izzo Oral Care System:
The best order to use izzo system depends on your oral care routine. Here is a quick look at the steps, order, and the frequency of izzo oral care system at home.
|1. Flossing||2 times per day before brushing|
|2. Brushing||2 times per day for 2 minutes|
|3. Scaling||at least once every 3-4 weeks on the visible surfaces of the teeth. Do not use under the gum line.|
|4. Polishing||once per week. Use on each tooth for no more than 3-5 seconds|
|5. Sanitizing||every day. Wipe excess water from the brush or polish heads before sanitizing.|
izzo Oral Care System Giveaway!!!!
For the giveaway, head over to my Instagram (go to this link here or tap below) and enter today! All the best.
Some points to mention:
To be completely transparent, here are some cautionary points you should remember:
- Do not submerge the power handle, UVC sanitizer.
- Do not use damaged brush, scaler or polish heads.
- Do not use the polishing paste with the brush head.
- Do not polish more than once a week.
- While using the scaler, use a gentle touch and on the visible parts of the teeth.
- Do not use the scaler under the gumline.
- If you are unsure about using the scaler, please learn about it first, then use it.
- Always consult your dentist or dental hygienist or ensure there are no medical or dental conditions that will prevent you from using this oral care system.
- You may experience mild gum irritation or bleeding while using the system for the first time. If it persists for 2 weeks or more, discontinue use and contact your dentist.
In a nutshell……
Do I believe izzo is a complete oral care system? Yes
Have I faced any trouble using the system? No, then again, I have a dental background.
Do I believe it can be an essential addition to your everyday oral care routine? Yes, yes, I do.
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,