How to Use Rosehip Oil on Your Skin, Hair and Face for Best Results
Rosehip Oil is considered by many as a miracle oil because of its multiple uses and benefits, especially in combating anti-aging. As the name suggests, Rosehip Oil is derived from the rose flower, not the petals, but from the rose hip seed in the fruit which is left behind after the petals fall off the rose. This is then cold pressed to make the oil.
What Makes Rosehip Oil So Special
Rosehip oil contains essential nutrients which make it a powerhouse of health. It contains antioxidants, vitamins A B C D, and E which work well to fight free radicals and essential fatty acids which increase tissue regeneration. This helps in reducing dark spots, acne marks, and fine lines. It also helps to hydrate your skin and reduce age spots because of tissue regeneration.
The vitamin A and C stimulate collagen production; the oil has the ability to penetrate deep into the skin tissues and helps with the anti-aging process. You can use rosehip oil as a hydrating moisturizer by applying it directly to your skin after you wash and cleanse your face.
Using Rosehip Oil on the Skin
- Rosehip Oil can be applied onto your skin in the morning and at night as a moisturizer before going to bed. As it is a dry oil, it absorbs quickly and does not leave a greasy feel.
- Add a little rosehip oil to water in a spray bottle and keep it handy to spray on your skin in the summer to give your skin a beautiful glow. Spray this mix on your legs and shoulder for a beautiful sheen which will give you a glow of health.
- Using it as a cuticle oil by applying a little directly to your cuticles will help in hydrating the nails so they become less brittle and stronger.
- You can also use this oil for sunburn treatment. Applying rosehip oil to a sunburn will result in an immediate cooling effect and will decrease the inflammation.
Rosehip Oil and Haircare
- Another amazing use for rosehip oil is to nourish dry hair. Place one to two drops in the palm of your hand and apply it to the very ends of your hair and you will notice the shine. If you have flyaway hair, take one or two drops on your hand and apply it directly to your flyaways, and it will tame them as well as give your hair a wonderful beautiful shine.
- If you are suffering from dandruff or other scalp conditions, you can apply rosehip oil directly to your scalp, massage it in and wait for 15 and 20 minutes before washing your hair. Regular use of rosehip oil on the scalp will keep your dandruff at bay.
Rosehip Oil – The Perfect Facial Skincare Treatment
- Users of Rosehip oil have found helpful in treating scars, age spots, and dark spots. The astringent properties of the oil increase and speed up the healing process. Rich in vitamin A it also contains retinoid which reduces hyperpigmentation and fights the visible signs of aging.
- The antioxidants and essential fatty acids present in rosehip oil are essential for cell and tissue regeneration and are beneficial for reducing the appearance of fine line lines and wrinkles.
- As your body ages, the production of collagen, which is an essential building block for skin diminishes. Rosehip oil contains vitamin A and vitamin C, both of which are required for collagen production and regular use of the oil promotes collagen production which helps in maintaining youthful looking skin. Aside from this, rosehip oil inhibits the production of MMP-1, which is an enzyme responsible for the breakdown of collagen in the body.
Whichever you choose, first, test it out on a spot to see how you react to the oil and then try it on your whole face. Pay attention closely to any possible reaction for the next couple of days to see if it works out for you. If there is no adverse reaction and you notice visible changes, continue to use the oil. What’s important to remember is that the changes will be gradual and not be visible overnight. You do have to use it for a couple of weeks to months to really notice its benefits.
Aiza Tordil is a beauty and health blogger from Love Thyself offering helpful advice on beauty tips and healthy living which she practices to keep looking healthy and attractive.
She is passionate about sustainable living and always up on the hottest natural and organic skincare trends. Ultimately, she hopes to tell stories that strike a chord with people and provide them the importance of using only natural and organic products. You can follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
PIN IT FOR LATER:
Love using facial oil but don’t want an oily face? Here’s how you can get rid of an oily face.
Sifa’s Corner on,