CINNAMON AND OUR BODY:
Here are some of the benefits of cinnamon on our health:
- Increases the blood flow
- Has anti-microbial property
- Lowers cholesterol
- Increases collagen production
- It’s a great anti-oxidant.
WHAT WILL IT DO:
Gets rid of flaky skin.
Gets rid of blackhead/whiteheads.
It can be used as a lip-exfoliator!
Gets rid of acne.
- It can also be used as a body scrub for glowing and smoother skin.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED:
- Oatmeal (or Flour if you don’t have oatmeal)
- Cinnamon powder.
(If you don’t have powdered cinnamon, then just take some cinnamon sticks and grind into fine powder with your blender or food processor.)
- Warm water
Take 1 teaspoon of oatmeal or flour. I am using flour.
Take 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. For the first timers, use half teaspoon of Cinnamon.
Mix these 2 ingredients with warm water. Mix well.
You don’t want the mixture to be runny. It should be thick so that when you apply it to your face it does not drip. (If it has become runny, then add more flour, but not cinnamon. )
Apply this scrub gently with your fingertips in a circular motion. Scrub from inside to the outside of your face & neck.
If you are using this scrub for your body, then mix some body wash into the scrub. If you are using a soap bar, then just use the soap 1st, then take the scrub mixture and massage it on your body.
- Cinnamon causes a tingling sensation when applied on the skin. So when you are using this scrub for 1st time, take a small amount of the mixture in your fingertips, dilute it with water and gently apply on the face. When you get accustomed with the sensation, take more mixture and scrub as usual.
- If the tingling sensation is bothering you too much, don’t panic! Just wash your face with clean water and the tingling will be gone.
- If you use too much cinnamon in the scrub mixture, it will cause more tingling. The very first time I used it, it felt like my skin is burning. That’s because I didn’t measure the cinnamon and kind of “poured” it onto the bowl. So that’s why it is important to measure the ingredients while making the scrub. Take 1/4 tsp if your skin is sensitive.
- Avoid using near the eye area and on any active acne area.
- The skin will look a little red after using this. That’s because cinnamon increases the blood flow, and the scrubbing+massaging skin will also increase blood flow. This will minimize after 10-15 minutes. If it’s too red or pink, just splash cold water.
Don’t forget to subscribe! 🙂