CINNAMON AND OUR BODY:
- Increases the blood flow
- Has anti-microbial property
- Lowers cholesterol
- Increases collagen production
- It’s a great anti-oxidant.
WHAT WILL IT DO:
Gets rid of flaky skin.
Gets rid of blackhead/whiteheads.
It can be used as a lip-exfoliator!
Gets rid of acne.
- It can also be used as a body scrub for glowing and smoother skin.
What will you need for Cinnamon Scrub:
- Oatmeal (or Flour if you don’t have oatmeal)
- Cinnamon powder.
(If you don’t have powdered cinnamon, then just take some cinnamon sticks and grind into fine powder with your blender or food processor.)
- Warm water
Take 1 teaspoon of oatmeal or flour. I am using flour.
Take 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. For the first-timers, use half a teaspoon of Cinnamon.
Mix these 2 ingredients with warm water. Mix well.
Apply this scrub gently with your fingertips in a circular motion. Scrub from inside to the outside of your face & neck.
Scrub for 30 sec to 1 minute, around your nose and chin, and then wash with cold water.
If you are using this scrub for your body, then mix some body wash into the scrub. If you are using a soap bar, then just use the soap 1st, then take the scrub mixture and massage it on your body.
Read more about exfoliation on: How to Exfoliate: A Doctor’s Insights
Caution: What should you know before using Cinnamon Scrub:
- Cinnamon causes a tingling sensation when applied on the skin. So when you are using this scrub for 1st time, take a small amount of the mixture in your fingertips, dilute it with water and gently apply on the face. When you get accustomed with the sensation, take more mixture and scrub as usual.
- If the tingling sensation is bothering you too much, don’t panic! Just wash your face with clean water and the tingling will be gone.
- If you use too much cinnamon in the scrub mixture, it will cause more tingling. The very first time I used it, it felt like my skin is burning. That’s because I didn’t measure the cinnamon and kind of “poured” it onto the bowl. So that’s why it is important to measure the ingredients while making the scrub. Take 1/4 tsp if your skin is sensitive.
- Avoid using near the eye area and on any active acne area.
- The skin will look a little red after using this. That’s because cinnamon increases the blood flow, and the scrubbing+massaging skin will also increase blood flow. This will minimize after 10-15 minutes. If it’s too red or pink, just splash cold water.
Immediately after using the scrub. Can you see the redness?
After 10 minutes, redness is diminished.
This is updated in 2021 and I do not use this scrub anymore for my face. I only use this scrub for my elbow or knees or any other tough parts of my body. It takes off the dead cells and leaves skin silky smooth.
There are many affordable and gentle physical face scrubs available, that are not as harsh as a cinnamon scrub. Some recommendations are shown below:
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,