I feel like I have not done an eyeshadow palette review for a long time! This is why I am going to talk about a recent palette I got from Tarte Cosmetics- Confessions of a Maneater Eye & Cheek Palette. If you are a brown, tanned South Asian like me, I believe the review and swatches will be helpful to make your choice.
Tarte has come up with other products like an eyeshadow palette, lip gloss, mascara, liner, brushes in the Maneater collection. Today my review is only for the Maneater Eye and Cheek Palette.
- The palette is lightweight, comes with a good-sized mirror.
- This palette has 6 eyeshadows: 3 mattes, 3 shimmers, and 2 cheek colors- The first one is shimmer and the second one is a matte color.
- The swatches shown below are done with fingers on bare skin. You can see the color payoff from one swipe. The shadows are easy to use with brushes as well. They blend out smoothly.
- Now the shades here are not for every skin color. I don’t know how it will look on a darker or a lighter skin tone. But if you are a medium brown, tanned, warm skin you can easily pull off these shades for any time, event, and look.
- The shimmery cheek color Cattitude can be used as only a highlighter or a blush topper depending on your skin color. As you can see, the cheek color Smitten Kitten is subtle yet gives a beautiful flush of color on my cheeks (just the way I like it!)
- Depending on how deep or how soft you use it, the colors can be used all-year-around!
- The neutral based color, weight, and the compactness of this palette make it easier to travel with.
- This palette retails for $30.
- You can find this at Ulta Beauty and Tarte website.
In A Nutshell:
I liked this palette! If you do not have similar colors or you are looking for a compact palette that you can use for everyday purposes, this is the palette you should go for.
Suggested read: Review: Juvia’s Place The Nudes & The Chocolates palettes
**The items featured in this post were provided by the brand for review. This does not affect my opinion of the item.**
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,