What kind of formulation do you like? Cream, powder, liquid?
Though I like to use mostly powder products around warmer months, on colder times I tend to use liquid or cream products more. I feel like those give a luminous look without making my face super dry or cakey.
Like me, many people prefer cream/liquid products around colder months. Keeping that in mind, today I am going to talk about a cream highlighter from Illamasqua which is called Gleam Highlighting Cream in the shade “Aurora”.
If you want to know more about this product and love the brand, keep on reading!
WHAT ILLAMASQUA HAS TO SAY:
Gleam in Aurora is a lightweight, iridescent cream texture is the ideal go-to for easy, instant highlighting. The sheer, pearlescent pigments contain skin boosting Vitamin E and Mica Mineral, which provides the translucent silky quality of this cream compact. For an alluring, natural glow that lifts and highlights both face and body.
PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
- With the classic black and compact Illamasqua packaging, this product comes with the brand logo and the name on top with a view of the product inside which is great if you have a large collection; because you don’t have to dig through all of your products to find the one you are looking for.
- The product feels like……wait for it…..cold butter, when you glide your finger on top of it. You will need a little amount to illuminate your skin, and I think finger is the best tool to apply this highlighting cream. But you can also use a synthetic brush.
- You can either set this with a powder highlighter on top or just wear it on its own.
- The product has very fine shimmer particles which looks like a healthy sheen when applied on the cheekbones.
- As it’s a cream product, it fades away after 4-5 hours, or sooner if your skin is super oily. You can use a powder highlighter on top OR a translucent powder to set this and increase the longevity.
- Bonus: Layered with a powder highlighter on top, this highlighting cream increases the shine and wear time of A-N-Y powder highlighter to 12-16 hours and also looks stunning on photographs!
- Color wise- This is a warm champagne color with very fine shimmer particles. It kinda reminds me of Kevyn Aucoin “Candle Light“, and I paired these 2 which resulted in beautiful highlight.
- Compact packaging is good for travel.
- Great flattering color.
- Blends smoothly.
- Buildable color intensity.
- Acts as a great base for powder highlighters.
- Fades quickly on its own.
- Best applied with finger but using finger is not hygienic. So you can take out the product with the back of a brush or spatula and then use it with your finger.
- Product melts if kept in warm places.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Illamasqua Gleam Highlighting Cream in Aurora is a beautiful universal color for makeup lovers. Though some may feel like it’s not a must-have item to be added in their collection, I think if you are looking for a cream highlighter- you should give it a try.
Do you like to use cream highlighter? Which one is your favorite? Comment below!
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,