[I was not paid or compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.]
Hello my dear reader!
Holiday and New year eve is coming closer. So I thought I would post some makeup products which will be great for this season.
Hence comes today’s article. It is my very first review on Makeup Geek (MUG) products. I have been using MUG products for quite a while, and now it’s high time I write a proper review.
Today I am featuring their Vegas Lights Palette from Vegas Collection.
ABOUT THE BRAND:
If you are a beauty-enthusiast and regularly watch YouTube videos, then you must have stumbled upon Marlena’a channel or videos on her YouTube channel Makeup Geek. She started as a YouTube Vlogger and now own a cosmetics company named “Makeup Geek”.
Here is what Marlena has to say about her company- Makeup Geek;
“Makeup Geek is a website that makes applying makeup easy and fun! With a variety of videos on almost every makeup technique, Makeup Geek’s goal is to enhance your makeup skills in the comfort of your own home.”
She has an amazing quality to make every single makeup process simple and achievable. You are gonna learn a lot about makeup application if you are a complete novice in makeup-world.
To quote her own words,
“I consider myself to be a Makeup Educator, not necessarily a “Makeup Artist” as my passion is teaching makeup- helping the everyday person learn how to use makeup to enhance their own unique beauty.”
I wanted to try out her products as soon as it launched, but I couldn’t order it from Bangladesh. So now that I am living in USA, I indulged in almost every MUG products available. I am glad to say that it was money-well-spent! More on that, later.
THE VEGAS COLLECTION:
MUG Vegas collection consists of an eyeshadow palette and 5 loose pigments.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:
This palette is limited edition and retails for $37.99 . So hurry if you wanna grab this. It can be found on Makeup Geek website.
The palette itself is lightweight, handy and well-built with 6 eyeshadows. It also has a mirror, not those cheap kind, but a proper-sized & clear one which you can use to do your makeup. The colors are warm toned and well-pigmented. 4 of these colors are shimmery and 2 matte. The details of the shadows are discussed below.
This is a shimmery gold shadow.
It’s a shimmery orangey-gold color.
This is a shimmery burnt-rose color.
This is a matte pale beige. I find the finish a little bit satin-y.
This is a matte medium brown with warm undertone.
This is a deep brown with tiny gold shimmer specks.
1. Well pigmented. There’s no doubt or 2nd thought about the pigmentation power of these shadows.
2. Simple yet sturdy packaging.
3. Good for travel.
4. Looks better on nc 30-50 skin tones (warm undertone)….specially on Bangladeshi, Indian and Pakistani skin!
5. The shadows blend like butter! The matte shadows are very smooth with a silky finish.
6. The shadow colors are true to the pan. You will get great color payoff without or with a primer.
7. The palette is magnetic, which means you can depot the shadows to make your own custom palette.
8. The eyeshadow colors scream “Festive”! If you are looking for a palette to do your Christmas eve makeup OR you want to do a traditional Bangladeshi/Indian/Pakistani makeup- you are gonna love the colors!
1. Some fall-out can happen while using the shadows. Solution- Tap your brush to get rid of excess shadows, use a sticky primer to hold onto the shadows and do your face makeup afterwards the eye makeup.
2. Limited edition.
3. MUG website is often a little slow and sometimes the product you are looking for is out of stock because they deal with a lot of orders. So you may have to wait to place or receive your order.
IN A NUTSHELL:
This is a great palette for your makeup collection. Overall, I love this palette!
Loved my blog? Do subscribe!
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,