- I would have continued my practice as a dental surgeon.
- I would have been in a different place than I am now.
- May be I would have started a family…. Who knows?!
- I have learned not to take life too seriously.
- I have learned to ask for help.
- I have learned to live in the present and “go with the flow”.
- I have started doing a part time job completely different from my previous one and some freelancing work as a makeup artist, which I have never considered before.
- I have learned to give voice to my opinion and started writing this blog. Truth to be told, this blog is one of the best things that happened to me since my illness.
|Right sided scar..Almost faded…Left one is still very prominent.
|Right scar…starting and ending.
Our body betrays us-
“Does anybody have problems with their hands not working? My right hand just doesn’t work sometimes. The tingling is constant and I have periods where the whole arm goes almost numb, but what is most concerning is that a lot of the time my hand just doesn’t work. It is weak and cramped and painful.”
We dread pain medicines-
“It’s funny, we need the drugs for pain control and yet we don’t want to take it. Then we have the druggies who don’t need it, but want the high. I don’t understand why anyone would want to feel medicated on their own free will!!!
We rejoice ourselves when we can go medicine free-
“Been med free since the end of May!!! Had a few days where I did take something. As of lately, the pain is getting worse. I was afraid once the weather started changing this was going to happen. The past 3 days have been a 7 out 10 on the scale of pain. Been roughing it out, but it’s wearing me down. I hate the thought of taking the meds again.”
We are somewhat “immune” to pain medications-
Some of us get help in the form of disability-
We have to live by the rule one-thing-per-day-
We learn to live with constant pain and discomfort-
We find comfort in the support groups-
We hope for a better future-
We start over our lives by taking baby steps-
And last but not the least, WE ARE THANKFUL-
I love you all my fellow TOSers!]
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,