Being a blogger has many perks and one of those is trying out a new interesting product! Today I am going to talk about a sunglass which, in my opinion, is a product to check out as you can mix and match the style, frame and create something that is totally, “you”. The pair I am talking about is from Nogs, which is marketed as the ultimate modular, DIY sunglasses.
About Nogs Company:
As an engineer and product designer specialized in eyewear, Laurent Albouy created Nogs to change the way people perceive glasses: from a commodity to a real fashion statement you can play around with, building a new pair every day. He Launched Nogs in 2016 in Lille, in the North of France.
About Nogs Glasses:
- Nogs sunglasses are fully modular, meaning that each element of the frame (the bridge and the temples) can be changed in a jiffy. They can be mixed and matched to provide hundreds of styles. Each box contains colorful, trendy or “timeless” options. For example, this first collection plays on the “geek is in” craze with bold, colorful frames. If the preorder campaign on Indiegogo is a success, the company will release more designs including a collection dedicated to kids.
- Nogs offers the ability to have fun with style while keeping high standards in terms of product quality. The frames are made of Nylon TR90, a material specifically conceived for high-level glasses to be light and flexible .
- NOGS lenses provide optimum protection for your eyes. They are all scratch resistant and certified 100% protection against UVA and UVB, include blue blocker technology. Nogs offers a Blue blocker lenses option. It keeps your natural day/night cycles strong so you can sleep easier and have more energy during the day, even if you spent it in front of a screen.
“Once assembled, the glasses are designed to get along with whatever the wearer will put them through,” says Albouy. “Throw them in a bag without a case, drop them on the floor or a puddle, etc. And if they do break, you only have to replace a small part of the sunglasses since they’re modular.”
To take the collection to the next step (new designs, colors, accessories, kid range etc.) Nogs has launched on Indiegogo with a goal of $20,000. Rewards for supporting the project includes a 50% discount for very early birds ($90). Boxes will retail starting at $180, estimated to ship out between two and eight weeks after the campaign’s end, based on how early each order was placed.
How you can support Nogs:
It’s simple! Choose 2, 3 or 4 frames and lenses of your choice, NOGS case and microfiber towel…….And place your order through the Nogs’ Indiegogo page.
You will get special discount of 60% off!
As someone who likes to mix and match, Nogs sunglasses sounded intriguing to me. The parts of the sunglass came in a box with easy-to-follow instructions. I have to say that I liked the red color, specially for Summer.
- The glass frame is lightweight and sturdy.
- You can mix and match the styles.
- For first timers, the assembly part may feel difficult, but it is actually quite easy.
In A Nutshell:
I love how low maintenance the sunglass is and I think this is definitely something you should try out.