A Neutral eye is one of the most hassle-free eye makeup in the world. You can wear this with any lip color, any dress and to any occasion.
The look I am posting today is nothing new, many makeup artists before me have posted this type of look, and many more will continue to post it in future. It’s because this look is flattering on any eye shape & color and as I mentioned before, it goes with everything. You can tone down the intensity of the eyeshadows with a neutral lip for your office or bring up the intensity of the shadows with a bold lip for a party… the choices are endless!
So I went for a defined-crease matte eyemakeup AKA cut-crease look with a cat eye. Depending on the shape of the cut-crease, you can make your eyes more rounded or elongated. I went for the elongated look.
All the colors used in this look are from Melt eyeshadow stacks. As I mentioned earlier in my review of MELT cosmetics eyeshadows, these are one of the best eyeshadows I have used.
I apologize beforehand for the lack of step by step photos. I wish I took photos or video of the whole look. But here is a mini tutorial on how I achieved this look.
- I started off with a concealer to cancel out the redness and darkness around my eyes.
- Then I use BLURR all over the upper eyelid to set the concealer and use it as a base for the next shadows.
- I used UNSEEN as a transition color to slightly define the crease.
Then I gradually deepened the crease with ENIGMA.
- At last I defined the crease with DARK MATTER.
- I used a black kohl on the outer 2/3rd of my lower water line and lined the inner water line with a nude colored kohl.
- I blended out the outer half with ENIGMA, then a little bit of UNSEEN and lastly blended all the outer parts of the shadows with BLURR.
- I used a little bit of BLURR on the inner corner and under the eyebrows.
The beauty of this look depends on how well the shadows are blended.
Just practice it and customize it for your eye shape and then you will be a master at cut-crease in no time! I focused on the upper lid with longer lashes and a prominent cat-eye.
Now you decide which lip color you like with this look.
Neutral pink, Reddish purple/berry or eggplant purple? Or something else?
Let me also know if you wanna see a tutorial on this look 🙂
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,