“As I sit here in front of my laptop, planning to order the newly launched Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick and searching for their reviews on South Asian skin, I am at a loss! All I could find were Jaclyn Hill and Manny MUA’s video reviews of the whole collection….and nothing remotely on South-Asian (Bangladeshi, Indian, Pakistani) brown skinned girls.”
Liquid lipsticks are very much “IN” right now. Most makeup savvy ladies nowadays look for long lasting products, so that they don’t have to think about smearing their lipcolors once it’s on. Hence the queen of Brows launched 20 liquid lipsticks and made everyone crazy over the internet. I bought 19 shades after the initial launch as the 20th shade was not available.
After the launch of Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks, everyone was like, “The colors are so pretty!!” But then the question arose “Which color should I choose?!”
If you are agreeing with me with all the above scenarios, then you are at luck! Because I am here to show you all 19 of the ABH liquid lipsticks with swatches, comparisons and my thoughts on the products.
I have divided the article into 3 parts.
- First part is the general review of the products,
- Second part consists of the neutrals, pinks and purples, (Read here)
- Third part consists of corals and reds. (Read here)
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:
ABH liquid lipsticks retails for $20 each and can be found online on Anastasia Beverly Hills and Macy’s.
WHAT IT CLAIMS:
“Full coverage, intense pigment, and a matte finish in an easy-to-apply liquid formula. One sweep delivers vibrant long-wearing color that sets all day. Formula is ultra-pigmented.”
It comes in a black box with Anastasia Beverly Hills written on it. But the good thing about this is that the shade colors are on the side of the box. So you don’t have to look for shade name when you are in a hurry.
After opening the box and taking out the actual container I was pleasantly surprised. The lipstick bottles felt and looked….classy. These do not look like cheap plastic bottles with a wand in it, rather the design is clean, sophisticated and appropriate to showcase in front of your vanity.
MY GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE PRODUCT:
- Skip the “all-over-the-lip” lip liner process before applying these products. If you want the clean look of a liner then use the liner only to outline the lips, not on whole lips. Applying lipliner on whole lip will cause the product to last less time than usual.
- After using the product on your lips, let it set for a while before you smack your lips together or use a lip gloss.
- I have found that if lips are not well-moisturized before applying these lipsticks, the product will bleed to side of mouth and the lips look weird and cracked. To avoid this, scrub the lips and apply a good lip-balm before. Let the balm soak in for 5-7 minutes and wipe it off before applying the lipsticks.
- You will need a little amount of product for whole lips. Do not use it as you use a lip gloss…. you are most likely to smear it on the corners and use more than you need.
- You can mix the colors on back of your hands and apply with a lip brush too. Mix the colors to make your own custom color!
- The colors are really pigmented and full coverage. You will only need one swipe of the product to show its true color.
- When you apply the product on your lips it will feel like a cream, rather than liquid. After it sets, it will give a matte to semi-matte look.
- Lasting power of these products is really good. It will stay 8+ hours through drinks and less greasy foods. BUT if you are indulging in oily South Asian or Asian cuisine with these lipsticks, it will smear.
- To remove the lipsticks, I have used Benefit “They’re Real!” Remover. I know it’s intended for eyemakeup removal, but this is the only makeup remover that completely gets rid of these lipsticks. Cheapest alternative is, olive oil, or any other oil.
1. Great packaging.
2. True to what it claims- pigmented, long lasting and intense color.
3. A little amount goes a long way.
4. Variety of colors and color tones to choose from.
1. Pricey. $20 for 1 lipstick may be an issue for some.
2. Product doesn’t perform very well if you are taking oily foods.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Great range of colors for almost everyone. You just have to choose which one will look good on your skin.
Check out part 2 and part 3 for detailed review of each color.
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,
YOUTUBE. FACEBOOK. INSTAGRAM. TWITTER. PINTEREST
Hi Wasifa, i brought several of these lip colors and love all of them. I a big fan of mattes. I brought “Carina” and I love the color. the only problem I have is after it dries it starts to crack and look flaky. Did you encounter this problem? Do you know a good trick to help with that?
Hey Vanessa, I face the exact same thing after using these lip colors. My lips look cracked and weird. I have found out that if I exfoliate my lips beforehand, then use an enriching lip balm, let it soak for a few minutes and then wipe off the excess balm before applying the liquid lipsticks- it looks less cracked. I also use a colorless lip balm or lip gloss sometimes on top of these products.
Hope it helps you!
Such pretty colors! I would love to own some of my own one day! great photography too x
Thanks! BTW, I am organizing a giveaway of these lipsticks. I will be giving away 5 shades of the winner’s choice. Have a look at my YouTube channel for entry 🙂
………awesome, very nice review and clear detailing ……. claro, understandable to everyone as well .
(…………………é incrível, avaliação muito bom e claro detalhando ……. claro, compreensível para todos também ) .
Thanks abbu 🙂
Hi! Beautiful and lovely colours
[…] you all are doing well in this new month! This article was supposed to be up on last week, but the Anastasia Beverly Hills review took all the article-publishing days. Hence I am lagging behind with 2 articles from […]
Oh I love how you did your lips in this post they look awesome! Great product review 🙂
Thank you Stephie! I am glad that you liked it 🙂
Great review! I’ve seen a few people review these lipsticks but not as great as you have. Thank you.
Thank you Emerald! I am so glad that my effort was helpful 🙂
[…] is the last part of Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick review. The first part was general review, pros & cons; second part was Nude, Pink and Purple. This part consists of Corals and Reds. Some of the colors […]
[…] liquid lipsticks review consists of the nude, pink and purple colors. My previous article had the general review- pros, cons and application […]
I went through a long process on trying to decide which shades I wanted to buy. Like you said, there hasn’t been enough reviews of all the swatches on darker skin, and the last thing I wanted to have to do is send them back after the anticipation of the hopefully being perfect and me hating them. But I did up finding s couple of girls who post on YouTube and ended up with 6 of them (Persimmon, Pure Hollywood, Lovely, Retro Coral, Electric Coral, and Vamp). I was very happy with my choices and will definitely get a couple of more. 🙂
Hello Kayla. I like your shade choices. I have found that the lighter shades didn’t look very flattering on my skin. I have just uploaded details of each and everyone of the shades on my blog. Do have a look, may be these can help too! 🙂
Beautiful colors and I love the shades that were demonstrated. I am a lipgloss aholic.
Hey Patty, yes the colors are beautiful! BTW, keep in touch with my blog. The details of these shades (with pictures, comparisons) will be uploaded tomorrow! 🙂
I love liquid lipsticks and gloss, and can’t really remember the times where I’ve bought ‘regular’ lipstick. Anyhow, one thing that is hard for me is gauging color. Usually, I have to seek something that looks slightly darker in the package to get the color that I prefer on my lips. I shop at Macy’s so I will be on the lookout for it there.
I can totally relate with you Yona. As I am tanned brown skin, I have to go for darker colors…lighter colors are often a no-no for me. Stay in touch with my blog… I will upload the details of each color tomorrow 🙂
Wow – those are beautiful. Love the options of colors!!
Yes I agree, the colors are pretty. Keep your eyes on my blog.. I will upload the details of each color tomorrow Jamie. 🙂