[The products mentioned here were sent to me for application and review. The opinions are my own after using these for 3 weeks.]
Recently I have received 3 skin care sample products [Toner, Night cream, and Sun-protectant] from Rivière D’Or Cosmetics. It’s a Malaysia based research company which will customize the product according to your skin needs. The company is based online, these are not drug-store products and they supply to doctor’s office as well as online customers.
As for me, my skin is acne prone and has spots due to previous acne. So the cosmetic & personal care researcher/developer sent me products for my skin needs.
The 3 products are:
- Effectual Control Corrective Re-Stabilization Toner
- Beta-3 Deep Resurfacing Treatment
- Effectual Control Superior White UV Imperceptible Finish Protective Mist SPF 30+ PA+++
So let’s get to know these products more!
EFFECTUAL CONTROL CORRECTIVE RE-STABILIZATION TONER
What it claims:
This toner contains Vitamin-C derivative, Niacinamide, Allantoin and plant extracts like Licorice, Burdock Root, Willowherb, Chamomile and many more to normalize, soothe, calm and protect problematic skin. Also, it contains Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramides and humectants to provide just enough moisture for this skin type.
This toner should be used after washing the face and you can directly spray a little amount on face or spray on cotton before applying.
- I am not a huge fan of toner, but I liked this one.
- My skin feels soft and smooth after using this.
- You need a very little amount.
- The product absorbs into the skin very well.
BETA-3 DEEP RESURFACING TREATMENT
What it claims:
Beta-3 Deep Resurfacing Treatment contains BHA to clear clogged pores, whiteheads, blackheads, soothe redness and normalize skin function. Green Tea Extract, Bisabolol and Vitamin E provide antioxidant protection and soothe skin.
The Beta-3 will control your acne, lighten scars and even up your skin tone.
Apply this after washing your face at night.
- This is a lightweight night cream. Great for summer!
- I was having a mild case of breakout before I started using this, after using Beta-3 the acne minimized gradually.
EFFECTUAL CONTROL SUPERIOR WHITE UV IMPERCEPTIBLE FINISH PRETECTIVE MIST SPF30+ PA+++
This name is a mouthful… so let’s just say it’s a sun-protectant mist.
What it claims:
This sunscreen is for all skin types including problematic acne skin. It not only protects against UVA/UVB rays but goes extra mile to brighten, protect against free radicals and refines the skin. It contains active ingredients like Avobenzone, Octocrylene, Homosalate, Octisalate and Benzophenone-3; all for UVA/UVB protection. Vitamin A, C, E, Astaxanthin (Astalift’s ingredient, which I have mentioned here) for powerful free radical protection. Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate and Bisabolol for anti-inflammatory action and Lecithin for normal skin function.
Spray the UV protector at the back of your hand before applying, avoiding too close to the eye area.
- I have to admit, this is the only sun-protectant I have used that did not break me out for once!
- I didn’t have to use any separate moisturizer when I used this.
- It’s perfect for using under makeup….gives a flawless look! Here is an unedited image to show you the result:
- You won’t get the flowery or girly smell in these products like other drug store products. All of these 3 have chemical smell which dissipate after a few seconds. Actually the fragrance used in skin products irritates the skin more. So if your skin is sensitive, these might be the ultimate product for you.
- The products are true to their claim. As I got sample sized products, I can’t show you any dramatic results or before-after photos, but I am sure that if you use it regularly it will show positive effect.
- The cosmetic & personal care researcher/developer will analyze your skin and give you honest suggestion for your exact need.
- The customer service is really responsive and will reply back to you if you have any queries. You can also discuss your skin problems with them.
- If you want to check out Rivière D’Or Cosmetics click here. You will also find the order process here and product FAQs here.
Just like any other new product,
- Do a patch test before using.
- Learn about the ingredients. By doing so, if you have developed any reaction due to the product, you will know which ingredients to avoid in the future.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to share below.
Have a great day!
SHARE. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE