Nowadays, I am more careful about my skincare and focusing on skin health more than makeup. Because I found if I am diligent about skincare, the makeup part comes easily. If you have relatively healthy skin, you can just use some brow gel, mascara, and lipstick, and you are going to look polished….just like that!
Generally, I give a skincare product at least a month to see how it reacts on my skin at different times of the month, especially before and during “that time” of the month. It gives me an idea about how my skin reacts to that product and what I need to adjust. So it took me 5 months to test out Kate Somerville KateCeuticals® Trio.
If you are looking into these products, read my review first before placing the order. From now on, I will include if a product is pregnancy-safe or not in my review articles for all the expecting and new mothers out there. So you are in for a treat.
Kate Somerville KateCeuticals Trio:
What does it include?
KateCeuticals® is the brand’s latest anti-aging launch. You can get these products individually or in a set that comes with a free eye-roller gift. Kate Somerville KateCeuticals Trio includes:
- KateCeuticals® Firming Serum with Hyaluronic Acid
- KateCeuticals® Lifting Eye Cream
- KateCeuticals® Total Repair Cream
Packaging-wise, I love the sleek and compact design, and the fact that you don’t need to dip your fingers inside the jar, is a huge plus for me. Also, I love the hint of scent they have. It’s not overpowering at all. I use these 3 products at night time after washing my face. But it all comes down to the effectiveness of the product. Are they worth it? Keep on reading.
KateCeuticals® Firming Serum with Hyaluronic Acid:
This is a plumping & firming pregnancy-safe treatment. I looked into the ingredients list and found it has-
- Tri-Peptide + Hyaluronic Acid Complex- Decreases the appearance of wrinkles while increasing skin firmness & elasticity.
- Hyaluronic Acid + Mukul Myrrh Extract- Work to hydrate, plump & smooth the skin’s appearance.
- Nasturtium Flower- Provides a boost of Oxygen to help strengthen the skin barrier, smooth texture & brighten dull-looking skin.
- Vitamin E- Provides antioxidant benefits to nourish, soothe & defend against free radical damage.
- Pea Extract- Helps hydrate, brighten & improve skin radiance.
This clinic-grade serum is said to increase skin firmness, diminish fine lines & deep wrinkles and improve skin radiance in just two weeks.
It retails for $98 and is found here.
I absolutely love the smell and how “silky” it feels. The lightweight cream formula absorbs pretty well into the skin. I take 1-2 pea size amounts and dab & tap on the skin until it gets absorbed. You will instantly feel the smoothness after using this serum.
More about face serums: What is Face Serum and Why Do You Need One Today?
KateCeuticals® Lifting Eye Cream:
This pregnancy-safe eye cream feels and looks just like the serum, but it’s a tad bit thin. You will need less than a pea-size amount to cover your eyes. Some eye creams can be quite heavy for the eye area and cause Milia (small, white bump on the skin). This one did not cause that or irritated my eye.
It retails for $120 and is found here.
Now let’s take a closer look at the ingredients:
- A Triple Peptide Complex- Works to relax the look of wrinkles, visibly smoothing crow’s feet & fine lines while increasing firmness & elasticity.
- Brown & Red Algae- Diminishes dark under eye circles and puffiness.
- Vitamin C- Brightens and firms skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid- Plumps & hydrates the under eye area.
- Cucumber Extract- Soothes and treats puffy eyes & dark circles.
- Safflower & Sunflower Seed Oils- Offer lightweight hydration you can safely use under eyes to diminish dryness.
My undereye area is relatively drier than the rest of the face. This eye cream takes care of the dryness without feeling tacky or heavy on the skin. The silkiness of the cream gives enough slip that the product glides on smoothly without tugging the delicate eye area.
KateCeuticals® Total Repair Cream:
Total Repair cream is the thickest one in the trio. With a soft, pleasant smell and silky richness, this cream works well even without the serum. However, as the cream has hemp, I will advise you not to use it during pregnancy.
It retails for $120 and is found here.
Here are the ingredients:
- Peptide-Infused Ceramide Complex- Increases skin hydration, reduces visible redness, improves texture, helps with firmness & elasticity and helps barrier repair while smoothing the look of fine lines & deep wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic Acid- Delivers immediate & long-term hydration, enhances skin moisture & retention, and supports a healthy skin barrier while plumping skin to visibly smooth fine lines & wrinkles.
- Squalane- Seals in moisture & maximizes water retention.
- Vitamin E- Provides antioxidant benefits to nourish, soothe & moisturize while defending against free radical damage.
- Hemp, Macadamia, Babassu & Jojoba Seed Oils- Provide essential moisture replenishment and strengthen the skin barrier.
This cream truly deeply moisturizes the skin and makes it plump and softer. In addition, it provides the perfect amount of moisture to my dry skin without making the face look oily or make the face sweat. (Yes, some creams will make the face sweat a lot.)
In A Nutshell, Kate Somerville KateCeuticals Trio……
…….did NOT disappoint me. Though they are on the pricey side, they are worth the money. If you want to pick which one I will buy again, I will say the eye cream and the serum- only because the face cream has hemp, and you can’t use hemp if you are pregnant.
I will give these two thumbs up!
**The items featured in this post were provided by the brand for review. This does not affect my opinion of the item.**
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,