Life with a chronic illness is difficult. We often struggle with severe depression and other mental health issues, along with physical issues. Sometimes people with chronic illness forget how to love themselves.
In this special project, you can see the raw emotions going through each chronic disease sufferer. So I urge you to watch this and share it with someone who needs help coping with Chronic Illness.
Notes to take away on Chronic Illness Coping:
Before you put yourself out in the world, you need to take care of yourself. You need to love and nurture yourself. To cope with a chronic illness take a lot of mental and physical strength. Here’s what you can do:
- Ask help from people you trust, you can not do everything alone.
- Build your community of similar minded people, people who understands your condition.
- Note and celebrate small things every day.
- Don’t wait for a “special” occasion, if you love something enjoy it today.
- It’s okay to push your body, and it’s also okay when you need a break and want to take it slow. Be passionate, towards yourself.
- Instead of focusing on what you CAN NOT do, focus on what you CAN do.
- Last but not the least, Your body, your scars and the “faults” that you have- makes you, uniquely YOU.
If you liked the video, give a like and share with someone who needs the support!
For more chronic illness resources, check out:
- Best Skincare Products of 2020 for Chronic Illness,
- How to Feel Better When You Have Chronic Illness,
- How to Discover new Passions When Faced With Adversities,
- 5 Ways You Can Be Mentally Strong If You Have a Chronic Disease,
- Back Pain Conditions That Mainly Affect Women,
- How To Keep Exercising Despite Chronic Pain,
- Depressed due to Chronic Pain? Here’s how Functional Medicine Can Help You!
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,