For today’s Makeup-Monday, I am going to review and swatch the newly launched Covergirl Exhibitionist Liquid Glitter Shadows. If you are someone who absolutely loves glitter shadows, then you are surely going to enjoy these products. Without further ado, let’s start swatching.
Here’s what COVERGIRL has to say about the Exhibitionist Liquid Glitter Shadows;
“It’s your time to shine! These super sparkly liquid eyeshadows are the best way to amplify your eyes. With its smooth, lightweight feel and quick dry-down, you’ll achieve shimmery color in a flash. Bold, super saturated color with multidimensional shine these glide on smooth with no fall-out, Lightweight, non-sticky texture and Cruelty Free.”
There are 8 shades that have been released. The color range from various shades of gold, beige, silver and deeper colors like purple and grey.
If you look at the first 2 shades the colors will look almost similar from the jar. But when you swatch them you can see the difference. Shade 4 and 5 also look kind of same, but shade 4 is the cooler version and shade 5 is the warmer and more coppery version of the rose-gold, when swatched.
If you scroll down for the bigger, close up pictures below you can see the swatches of the glitter shadows without any primer or product underneath. Some of the shadows came out patchy, noticeable the pure gold and the silver one. The darker shades (7,8) and the coppery-gold (5) are the ones I am loving the most. The offered the most opaque formulas.
For the application, apply it with the applicator first and then pat it lightly with your fingers for the most sparkly finish. Use a powder underneath to catch the glitter/shimmer fallouts.
For best result: use on top of a primer or an eyeshadow. It looks stunning!
Swatches of Covergirl Exhibitionist Liquid Glitter Shadows:
- Shade 1 is a light beige-gold with silver sparkles.
- Shade 2 is a light peachy-pink gold with silver and pink sparkles.
- Shade 3 is a silver with silver sparkles with blue-purple shift.
- Shade 4 is a rose-gold shade with silver and pink sparkles.
Shade 3 is the weak performing shadow among these four shadows. 1, 2 and 4 might look like triplets in the jar, but they are different… and from the same family.
- Shade 5 is a warm coppery gold with silver sparkles.
- Shade 6 is a light pale gold with golden and silver sparkles.
- Shade 7 is an eggplant-purple with multicolored shimmer, predominantly purple and green flecks.
- Shade 8 is a dark grey with gold, silver shimmers.
Shade 6 is the weak performing shade here. It looks like a wash of gold-color, rather than a full-on dazzling gold. Shade 7 & 8 have the most potential. They are not only opaque but also have multicolored sparkles which, depending on the eyeshadow underneath, can translate into a beautiful look.
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:
- Affordability. They remind me of some of the high-priced liquid glitter shadows in the market… in lesser price.
- The shadows are mostly opaque and the intensity can be built up.
- It dries pretty quickly and once these are set, it will pretty much last for 3-4 hours. With primer and shadow underneath, they perform better.
- The glitters/shimmers here are not chunky. So if you want to add a touch of shimmer in your eye makeup, this product is something you can add.
- There will be glitter/shimmer fall out if you blend the shadows. So use a powder or shadow shield underneath to catch the fall-outs.
- Some of the shadow (3, 6) performances were not up to the mark.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Covergirl Exhibitionist Liquid Glitter Shadows are good products regarding value and result. These liquid shadows are definitely something to have in your collection.
Wanna know how to use these shadows? Check out the tips on 7 quick beauty steps to follow when you are the host of a party.
**The items featured in this post were provided by the brand for review. This does not affect my opinion of the item.**
**This blog post contains affiliate links. If you buy something from a website after clicking a link from my post taking you to that site, I may receive a tiny percentage of your order in commission. Your price won’t change by clicking my link.**
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,