How to Deal with a Stressful Day & Nurture Your Emotions
Being stressed out is not fun – you are constantly in a battle with yourself, feeling anxious and worried. Let me tell you a secret: as soon as you accept that you need help overcoming difficulties, that’s when your mind comes at peace with itself. To live a happy life and be genuinely enthusiastic about it, you must learn how to deal with stress and the emotions that come with it.
Here are some great ways in which you could do that. We are waiting for your feedback at the end, as any new piece of positive criticism makes us improve!
Meditation is one of the best techniques you could use to release stress and anxiety. Here are some ideas you could try out:
- Lay down, close your eyes, think about your breath – breathe in, breathe out, count the breaths in your mind if you need to; if any thoughts intervene, accept them, but observe them. Be a witness, don’t be your thoughts.
- Take a long walk to stop overthinking. Simply watch the trees, the sidewalks, the sky, the sun, the rain, your steps. Focus solely on being present.
I must add that there will be no visible improvement to your state of mind if you don’t repeat this daily. Meditating is a way of living life, not an activity that you practice 30 minutes per day. Wake up half an hour before your alarm must go off and meditate. Breathe, focus, smile. You got this!
Another way of releasing stress is practicing yoga. Similar to meditation, yoga won’t change anything as long as you don’t include it in your daily schedule. Before going to sleep,
- Create a comfortable spot for your practice
- Unfold your yoga mattress and sit down in a comfy position
- Check safety rules on how to practice yoga correctly
- Choose your favorite yoga style – there are so many nowadays that picking one can be challenging; try multiple types and see which one fits you the best! I am a big fan of hatha yoga, so I’d advise you to begin with this one.
- Do not overdo it – your practice should be maximum 50 minutes long
- After you’re finished, stretch.
- Keep a journal and write down your progress – have you become better at it? Are you feeling less stressed? Which type fits your style?
Take Time for Yourself
Feelings of stress and unhappiness can appear as a result of our own frustrations. If we do not design enough time for ourselves, there’s a chance we’ll end up dissatisfied and irritated with our lives.
To stay peaceful and connected to your inner self, taking time to do exclusively what you like is crucial. Here are some tips and tricks:
- Prioritize – let go of unimportant, stressful situations; if you don’t have the patience to ‘go out for a drink’ with your work buddies, then don’t. Go home, watch Netflix, and cuddle with your pet. Who cares what they’ll think?
- Make a wish-list – what would you like to accomplish within the next years (strictly personally)? Would you like to go swimming with the dolphins? Would you like to see the sunset on the Himalayan mountains? Or maybe just a road trip you’re your bestie throughout the States? Whatever you wish, it can happen. Just keep your mind positive and the good things will follow.
- Write down how you manage your time now – what do you do daily? Be honest. Then compare your results with the wish-list. If you’re not satisfied with what you see, change something.
- Give up tasks that you find unnecessary – learn how to say ‘no,’ even if it’s your boss asking.
- Reschedule your time
- Find the necessary tools to keep you on track
Craig Miller, a freelancer at AustralianEssays and book author, shares his thoughts. “I used to work a 9 to 5 back in the days; until I got tired and I said, ‘screw it, I’m done,’ I quit my job and started traveling on a budget. I bookmarked Couchsurfing and worked part-time jobs to pay for food, but you know what? I was happy. And I still am. I found time for myself, let the stress go, and freed my instincts. I am who I want to be. So, please, don’t let others decide how your life must look like. You have the power to make all the necessary changes in your life.”
Live, laugh, love! Let that stress go by meditating, practicing yoga, and going with the flow. If you are not satisfied with something in your life right now, approach the issue and solve it as soon as you can. The more you wait, the harder it will be to let go.
PIN THE ARTICLE:
Sifa’s Corner on,