Dr. Lip Bang’s Lip Freak Tinted Lip Balm: Review, Swatches, Thoughts
You know what is the coolest part of my job? Getting to try out products which are quirky, highly effective, crazy expensive or just another pretty addition to the vanity. Today I am featuring a lip balm I have tried recently and it literally “buzzed” my lips. It’s Doctor Lip Bang’s Lip Freak Tinted Lip Balm.
Doctor Lip Bang’s Lip Freak Tinted Lip Balm:
The what, why and how?
Doctor Lip Bang’s Lip Freak Tints are lip balms which provide moisture and color at the same time, you know- just like any other tinted lip balms. These have a delightful smell and give a nourishment your dry chapped lips need.
But the reason I am writing about these is how these felt on my lips. The moment you apply these balms you will get a “buzzing” pulsating sensation. If you have never tried anything like this, you will think that you are having a reaction to the product. But you are not. I was actually confused and freaked out when I first tried it. “Should it really feel so?”, I thought.
Let’s look at the ingredient to find out why it does, what it does.
- white beeswax
- sweet almond oil
- vitamin e
- peppermint oil
- cinnamon oil
- rosemary oil extract
Cinnamon is notorious for the buzzing tingling sensation on the skin, paired with peppermint oil- the combo is sure to give the tingling-pulsating sensation.
These lip balms are 100% natural formula in four different shades of buildable, lip nourishing color (three layers for max intensity). You can do 1 swipe for quick and easy color, 2 swipes for a bolder look, and 3 for maximum coverage.
The products shown here are:
- Coco-loco mint
- Bleeding Heart
- Pinky Swear
- Sweet Villain
- Nude Attitude
And here is how these look on my lips. For reference, the first picture is of lips without a hint of any product. My favorite shade is Bleeding Heart. It looks natural and “effortless” on my skin color than any other tints here.
PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
- Made with natural ingredients.
- Takes care of dry lips with its nourishing formula.
- It gives a slight plumping effect.
- The tinted formula is good for on-the-go, quick application.
- A portion of every sale goes to support the Lost Angels Children’s Project, whose mission is to inspire at-risk youth through empowering and creative activities.
- The buzzing or tingling sensation. If you do not like this type of formula it will bother you, but you will get used to it after half an hour or so.
- The colors do not last a long time. They will wear off at the first sip of your coffee.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Effective, quirky and definitely something to try if you are into minimal, low maintenance lip colors.
Check out the previous article on 21 red lips for any budget.
PIN IT TO SPREAD THE BUZZ:
SHOP WOMENS< >
See More Polo Ralph Lauren
Veronica Joggers at Shopbop
SHUSHU/TONG Pleats Top