This shop has been compensated by Schwarzkopf. #CareWithKeratin #sponsored
Every season I feel like bringing some change, specially to my hair. Though I have not found the courage to shorten my hip length hair, I have had the experience of coloring it. I feel like a new color boosts confidence, and when you are confident, everything works better. I did my first hair color at home back in 2002, but I didn’t know what I was doing and ended up with a result “not-so-pretty”. I have had my success and horror stories of at-home hair color. So you can say I know the pros and cons of doing hair color by yourself and that’s why today I am going to share with all of you, how I have colored my hair at home with Schwarzkopf Keratin Color for Fall.
WHY I PICKED SCHWARZKOPF KERATIN COLOR:
Schwarzkopf Keratin Color promises to Professional quality hair color at home that offers flattering colors while caring for the hair. It also offers,
- 100% gray coverage
- Less hair breakage
- Pre-treatment for even color result
- Intense colors
In addition to all of these, Schwarzkopf Keratin Color is in a partnership with Dress for Success®. Dress for Success Worldwide empowers women by providing them with the tools they need to achieve economic independence. Through education and mentoring, they’re making a difference in the community and across the globe. Over one million women have been served by this international organization and its programs. This partnership empowers women looking for upward mobility to revitalize women’s hair and clothing options so they can be as successful as they look.
MY HAIR CONDITION:
I have to mention, I colored my roots at least 5 months ago and you can see the gray hairs are peeking through here and there. It’s really an annoyance since my work makes me pose in front of the camera and visible grays in my naturally black hair do not look very pretty. Don’t get me wrong, you can totally go for that look if you like it. But for me, I like to color my hair. As for my hair condition, the ends are very dry and overall the hair looks kinda drab.
WHICH SHADES DID I PICK:
As I have hip length, very thick hair, I needed to get 3 bottles. But I didn’t go for 1 color, I picked 3 different ones.
Because right now I have a brassy faded ombre balayage and I wanted to keep the placement of lightness and darkness but with these new colors.
The shades I picked were:
- No. 4.0 Cappuccino,
- No. 5.3 Berry Brown,
- No. 6.0 Delicate Praline.
If you have very dark hair like I do, the shade 4.0 Cappuccino will look very natural on you and it will turn out almost black. Pick 2 shades lighter than the color you are going for because box dyes turn out darker.
Every box contains 4 products: A pre-treatment, A color Cream, A Developer Lotion, A conditioner. It also has a pair of gloves and instruction leaflet.
WHERE CAN YOU GET SCHWARZKOPF KERATIN COLOR:
I bought these from my local Walmart store for $9.97 each. You can also try the Try Me Free Rebate. When you buy one of the following products: Schwarzkopf Gliss™, color ULTIME® or Keratin Color, you will get any Schwarzkopf hair care or hair color product for free.
HOW TO COLOR YOUR HAIR: STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
- Before just jumping with the color and dumping it on your hair, I would recommend reading the instructions thoroughly. After you have read the instructions, DO THE PATCH TEST. This is so important, but we often neglect to follow this vital step. You never know which ingredient will not suit your body and give a negative reaction. So to prevent the unwanted effect, do a patch test 48 hours prior to your hair color.
- So you have done the patch test and everything looks good to go. Make sure your hair is dry and unwashed. Now brush your hair thoroughly and make sections so that the process gets easier. Wear a dark colored old t-shirt or a towel on top so that your dress doesn’t get stained.
- Use the Pre-treatment on the dry ends of your hair. Do not wash it off.
- Wear the provided gloves and mix the color cream (2a) into Developer lotion (2b). Shake well to mix the liquids well.
- Start from the root and apply the color from strand after strand. When your hair is fully coated with the color, massage the mixture in with your fingertips.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes to develop and discard any unused mixture.
- After 30 minutes wash off the color with warm water and work into lather. Use the provided Conditioner on towel-dried hair and leave it on for 2 minutes. Wash it off completely.
BEFORE & AFTER USING SCHWARZKOPF KERATIN COLOR:
Let’s reveal the color, shall we?
I achieved a rich berry-brown color which is what I wanted from the beginning. It’s just the perfect low-maintenance color for colder months.
Here I am attaching more before-after pictures of my at-home hair color experience with Schwarzkopf Keratin Color. I think pictures will speak louder than words.
You know how some box hair colors just make your eyes water? I didn’t face anything like this with Schwarzkopf Keratin Color. The whole process was really easy to follow. The color left my hair visibly shiny and the conditioner made it softer.
QUICK TIPS FOR MAKEUP:
If you are going darker like me this season, you can either go for bold lips or sultry smokey eyes or both at once. For daytime, I prefer something lightweight like a BB cream or a light/medium coverage foundation and I finish it off with a maroon or rich berry lip color.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Gray coverage- 100% , total time- 1 hour, total cost- around $30.
Am I loving it?- You bet I am!
Two thumbs up Schwarzkopf Keratin Color!
Loved reading the article? Pin it on Pinterest!
Wanna know how I style my natural curls? Check out: How to Style 2C Curly Hair with ZOTOS All About Curls Collection- Stylers (Review & Tips)
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,