SENT FOR REVIEW
Hope you all are starting this week with health and happiness!
Today I have picked something to review that is related to my “Dentistry” side. If you are into innovative products and love to try out new things every now and then, you are in luck!
There’s a new kind of “toothbrush” in market by FOREO and it’s called ISSA. Why the buzz, you ask?
Because, it is the world’s first electric toothbrush made completely from silicone.
Keep on reading to unfold the science behind Foreo ISSA.
WHAT THE BRAND CLAIMS:
High-intensity pulsations are channeled through the ISSA™’s silicone bristles for a brand new approach to cleaning your teeth. Instead of scratching the tooth’s surface like outdated bristled toothbrushes, the ISSA™’s silicone bristles generate the ideal amount of friction to effectively clean teeth and remove stains for teeth whitening that won’t scrape away enamel or irritate gums.
PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
Foreo ISSA comes in 4 colors: Lavender, Mint, Cobalt Blue, Cool Black. I tried out the Mint version of the product. The ISSA and associated stuffs come in a white box. The box contains:
- Warranty Registration Card
- Detailed Instruction Manual
- USB Charger
- Travel Pouch
At first glance, it looks like a cool gadget from the the future. 🙂 The shape and size of the product is ergonomic, it fits perfectly in hand and easy to grip & operate.
- High-Intensity Pulsations + Silicone Bristles: This feature allows ISSA to effectively clean teeth and remove stains while also comfortably massaging the gums.
- 3D Flexible Brush Head: With the flexibility, ISSA can clean every crevice in your mouth.
- 3 button interface: It allows you to choose the speed of the pulsations.
- A More Hygienic, Gentler Clean: The silicone bristles are non-porous which makes it easier to maintain the hygiene.
- Battery power: ISSA lasts 365 uses per full charge and requires no charging dock.
- Brush head: The brush head is detachable and lasts for a whole year. The brush heads can be purchased online and priced $24.90.
HOW TO USE:
Just use your regular tooth paste and brush your teeth as you do with your normal toothbrush. The device’s pulsations will pause every 30 seconds to remind you to brush a different quadrant of the mouth. It’s that easy! Here’s a diagram from the Foreo website to show you the process:
NORMAL BRUSH VS. ELECTRIC ISSA BRUSH:
If we skip the price point and talk about effectiveness, electric toothbrushes perform better than manual toothbrushes. ISSA brush can clean the tooth surface without creating unnecessary friction and extra pressure to the gum area. So the overall oral health improves more if you use electric toothbrush twice daily.
And also, you need to change your toothbrush every 3-4 months. But in case of Foreo ISSA you will need to change it once every year.
- Ergonomic, easy to use.
- Soft, non-abrasive & flexible silicone bristles.
- Cleans better than manual toothbrush.
- With the speed interface, you can choose your preferred pulsation according to your teeth sensitivity.
- Less charge time.
- 10 year quality warranty.
Pricey. The hefty price tag is something to consider.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Is it pricey?-YES. Is it Fancy?-YES….. So is going to a dentist and have dental works (due to poor oral health and hygiene, of course). If you consider the “health” factor of the ISSA, see past the price tag and look into the beneficial side- I think you are going to love it!
*Update: I stopped using the brush after 3 months. Everything was great but somehow I noticed my teeth are getting dirtier and turning yellowish. It was like the teeth are not getting that clean at all. So I went to my regular toothbrush.*
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,