SENT FOR REVIEW
But all opinions are my own. See DISCLAIMER for more.
Gone are the days when we only relied on our fingers to clean the face. As more people are inclining towards makeup and beauty, the more people are becoming cautious about facial cleansing process. Usage of facial cleansing devices has become a staple nowadays as we are more concerned about scrubbing, exfoliating and taking off the makeup or residual dirt completely.
It is a difficult choice to pick a device for your skin only relying on product description and online reviews. Everyone’s skin is different and you can’t tell for sure if the device you are investing in, will be worth your money.
But I still wanted to “up” my skin-care game and bought a popular facial cleansing device. You have to change the brush head every 3-6 months for effectiveness and hygiene properties.
It didn’t bother me at first, because I thought it would be a good investment for skin. As the months progressed I became doubtful of my choice, specially the first initial months after you start using a facial brush, your skin will breakout like there’s no tomorrow! It takes time and patience to get used to it.
I thought regretfully, “May be I should have gone for Foreo Luna!”
WHAT IS FOREO LUNA:
To quote the Foreo website;
Luna is “An innovative skincare device that delivers deep-cleansing via T-Sonic™ technology and anti-aging through lower-frequency pulsations. Available in 3 models tailored to cater to specific skin types.”
There are 3 types of this device:
Pink: sensitive/normal skin
Blue: Combination skin
White: Ultra sensitive skin
As my skin tends to be sensitive/normal I chose the pink one.
The sleek box comes with
- Travel Pouch
- Warranty Registration Card
- Detailed Instruction Manual
- This facial cleansing device doesn’t have abrasive synthetic hair brush head. What it has is non-abrasive, soft silicone brush.
- There’s a cleansing brush surface and an anti-aging surface.
- On the front side (cleansing surface), there’s a 3 button interface.
- On the back side (anti-aging surface), there’s the waterproof charging port.
- After each stage of these routines, you will feel the T-Sonic™ pulsations momentarily pause and see the indicator light flash, prompting you to move on to the next area of your face.
- To prevent overuse, the LUNA automatically switches itself off if left for 3 minutes in Cleansing Mode.
- The LUNA™’s LED will flash repeatedly to indicate the battery is charging. When it is fully charged (after approximately 1 hour), the LED will emit a steady glow.
- When the battery is running low, the LED on your LUNA™ will emit a blinking white light.
- It may be locked when first unboxed. You can unlock it by holding down the + and – buttons together. The light will flash to indicate that your device is unlocked. If you wish to lock your device for travel convenience, you can follow the same procedure.
HOW TO USE IT:
If you are wearing makeup, first take it off with your makeup remover. Then you can apply your regular facial cleanser. After that you can use your FOREO LUNA to cleanse each areas of your face.
At the end of 1 minute cleansing routine you can use the anti-aging surface onto the wrinkle-prone areas of your face for 12 seconds each.
PRICE & AVAILABILITY:
It retails for $199 and can be found online [http://bit.ly/1OMsHMK]
- It’s waterproof.
- The design of this device is aesthetic and ergonomic; it fits into the palm pretty well.
- You don’t have to change the brush head, ever.
- The brush part is incredibly soft to the skin. Actually it feels very soothing and softer than any other brush heads I have ever used. (e.g. Clarisonic Cashmere)
- You can change the intensity of the pulsations. You can adjust it with the -/+ signs.
- The anti-aging surface gives a mini massage and feels relaxing on skin.
- The charge of this device stays on for a l-o-n-g time.
- It’s great for travel; the high retention of charge enables you to travel even without the charger.
- The device has 2 years limited warranty and 10 years quality warranty.
- Pricey, it retails for $199.
- If you are used to the abrasive cleansing process of other cleansing brushes, you will feel kinda “odd” using this device.
- You can’t use any clay-based, silicone-based, grainy cleansers, exfoliators, or scrubs along with LUNA.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Splurging on other facial cleansing devices, which are widely available around market, may be okay or good; but FOREO is better. I give it two thumbs up!
Have you used FOREO LUNA yet? How was your experience?
Share with us below!
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,
YOUTUBE. FACEBOOK. INSTAGRAM. TWITTER. PINTEREST
[…] I reviewed another innovative product from their line: Foreo Luna and I was impressed. You can see the review […]
Lovely packaging, and just from looking at it I think it would feel great. Wonderful review!
Thank you Susan!
I think I saw something like this being used on a TV show, and wondered how it worked on the skin. I have to agree…$199 is pretty steep.
Yes I agree.. The things we do for good skin!
This sounds like a nice spa tool. The price of it is too pricye for me though
Hey Tara! Yes you have named it correctly! But seeing its benefits and effectiveness I would say it’s a pretty good investment.
I could not survive without my sonic cleansing brush. I am pretty low maintenance and it is one of about three beauty items I use every single day. I love the compact size of this particular device.
I agree Marcie… this one is great for travel.
Technology never ceases to amaze me,,looks promising tho
I agree with you Sandra…. 🙂