Sometimes it’s so hard to name a look… I couldn’t come up with a better name than this. 🙂
First of all, I want to clear that personally I do not celebrate Valentines day. But many of my readers and subscribers do, hence the makeup look. My husband and I most likely will spend the day/night at home with home-made meal and a good movie.
Secondly, Don’t be disappointed as I have used high end products for this look. I wanted to feel glamorous and the makeup to be a bit luxurious.
So as we have cleared everything up, let us start with the makeup look. 🙂 I didn’t go for the typical pink, girly Valentines makeup look, rather I chose the grown-up version.
Products I have used:
I wanted the face to be flawless and long lasting so I chose-
- EM cosmetics makeup mood enhancer- Golden Candle Light
- Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation in shade 6
- MAC pro longwear concealer in NC 35
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Banana powder (Review)
I wanted to create a smokey look with warm and jewel tones with lots of lashes, so I chose-
- MAYA MIA eyeshadow palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills (Review)
- EM cosmetics scribble calligraphy liquid liner- Tattoo Black
- Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara in Extreme Black (Review)
- House of Lash false lashes in Siren
- Laura Mercier flawless contouring palette
- Anastasia Beverly Hills contouring powder in Clay (Review)
- Highlight: Anastasia Beverly Hills highlight powder in Champagne. (Review)
- Blush: Makeup Geek blush in Summer Fling and Hanky Panky. I mixed the shades to create a custom one.
I wanted the lips to be warm, earthy toned with hint of peach & red. You can also choose total neutral or red lips-
- Milani lipliner in 04- All Natural
- NARS Audacious lipstick in Jane
- Gerard Cosmetics Color Your Smile Gloss in Cocoa Bean
I loosely curled my hair, braided the front parts and tied those behind with bobby pins.
Here is a quick tutorial for achieving the makeup look.
UPPER LID: Use WARM TAUPE & CARAMEL as transition color on the crease. Add DEEP BROWN at the outer corner of eyes to deepen the area and blend it more with SIENNA to give it a rich warm look.
Add GLISTEN & FRESH PEACH on the lid with your fingers and blend it into the crease with a blending brush.
Add VANILLA under the brows and on the inner corner of lid.
LOWER LID: Now take a black kohl and line the lower waterline. Smudge the liner and blend it with DEEP BROWN. Add GLISTEN on the inner half of lower lid. Blend the lower lid colors with WARM TAUPE & CARAMEL.
I hope you liked the look so far. You can change the lip color to make the overall look a little bit different.
Comment below if you have any questions and opinions.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,
FACEBOOK. INSTAGRAM. TWITTER. PINTEREST. YOUTUBE
I love the look. It’s just gorgeous and thank you so much for the detailed explanation. I long for being able to do a good smokey eye. But even when professionals do it, I do wonder if it suits me.
The lashes are amazing.
enjoy your movie and chilled weekend
Hey Rachel. Thanks for the kind words….and yes, I agree. Those lashes are very pretty! 🙂
I LOVE this v day inspired makeup. Those hue colors on your eyes with your skin tone look amazing. xo Stephie @therawedit
Why thank you dear Stephie! 🙂
Such a lovely make up. Really like the eyeshadow colors:)
Thank you Jeanette! I like the colors too! 🙂