Those who follow my blog on Instagram may know that I was busy this weekend travelling to Vegas to attend the Vegas_Nay Stardust tour 2015. I am working on a detailed article about the tour…..but for now let’s talk about something very interesting.
As soon as I posted my Anastasia Beverly Hills contour palette review on November, I got many readers asking me one single question.
“Is the Banana contour powder similar to the BenNye Banana powder?”
That’s a very useful thing to know, if you are going for only one of these powders. So many of you have asked this, that I had to write a separate article about it.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at the swatches.
1. Both the powders are yellow colored and warm toned.
2. Both of them will set under eye concealer and foundation well.
3. Both of these powders are lightweight.
1. The main difference between the 2 powders is in the texture and finish. BenNye Banana powder gives a matte finish and Anastasia Beverly Hills Banana powder gives a satin-matte finish. If you look at the following picture closely you will see the difference.
2. ABH Banana powder comes in a compact pan whereas BenNye Banana powder comes in a plastic bottle in loose form.
3. Due to the product packaging (plastic bottle with sifter holes), BenNye Banana powder is kind of difficult to use and travel with. If you can pour the powder into a closed or compacted box, then it will create no problem.
I hope this short article will help you differentiate the 2 products. Till the next article, take care!
Which setting/finishing powder do YOU recommend? Do share with us below!
Follow Sifa’s Corner on,