Many of my readers have asked me to do a cat-eye liner tutorial. Today's article is a short tutorial on how you can easily do it!
Let's get started!
P.S. Pardon my under eye dark circle and lack of foundation!
Mastering the smooth flick of a cat-eye liner is all about the right tools. Here are some tools/products which you will need to do a cat-eye:
1. Any kind of eye-liner (Gel, Pencil, Liquid or a powder shadow which works great too!)
2. Brush (Pointed or Angled liner brush)
3. Cotton buds (to clean up any mess)
Brush is the vital thing for doing cat-eye. I use Sephora angled liner brush-15.
For pointed brush, I use normal art brushes No. 0 and 2. It seriously works as a charm!
[Steps 1-5 is intended for beginners of a cat-liner. If you are not hesitant about shaky fingers, go ahead and skip the outline part.]
1. Take a black/ dark brown shadow on your brush and apply it as close to your lash line as possible like the following pictures.
2. Now make a flick like this on the outer corner. The flick should be parallel to your lower lash line.
3. Now make a triangle like this.
4. Fill up the triangle.
5. See? Your line is beginning to take it's cat-eye shape!
6. Now take your gel/ liquid liner and follow the outline you have just made.
7. Clean up any mess with your cotton bud and you are done!!
See how easy that was? Now go and grab your tools and flaunt your feline side. I added some blue glitters on top of the black liner for fun.
Have a great day!
SHARE. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE